Thursday, May 20, 2010

MagicJack - Important FAQ



1. Can I use this when on WIFI? 
Answer: Yes. In fact, you can use this with your wireless internet broadband connections thru companies like: Verizon, Sprint, Tmobile, AT&T, etc. 

2. Do I have to enter my credit card info when I register?
Answer: No, all you need is your email and an address (any address).
 

3. How do I activate the Magicjack? 
Answer: There are two ends on the Magicjack. On one end, all you have to do is plug it into a USB port on your computer. Every computer should have 1 or 2 ports in the front of it, if not, it's in the back. On the other end, plug any landline or cordless phone in and voila! You will hear a dial tone... start dialing, you're up and running!  

4. Can I request a specific area code for my new MagicJack line? 
Answer: Yes. When you initially plug in the magicjack, it will prompt you to register your new Magicjack. During this process, a list of area codes will come up. Pick your local area code, then you pick the prefix, and the last four digits will be randomly generated for you.

5. Are there any fees associated with MagicJack that I would have to pay?  
Answer: No, MagicJack comes with the 1st Year completely FREE. If you choose to continue at the end of your 1st year, it’s just $19.99 for one year. 

6. If I use a cordless, will I be bound to the computer or can I still walk around the house?  
Answer: You will be able to walk all around the house. Just think of this as the same thing as your home phone service but for only $19.99 a year!  

7. Will this work with a dial up connection?  
Answer: Well, it is recommended to have 128kb/s upload and download. To test your speed, go to www.testmyspeed.com. I've had it work under much lower speeds 

8. Can I give a MagicJack to my relative overseas so that we can talk for free? 
 Answer: Yes! In fact, when they get it, they will be able to call ANYONE in the USA and Canada for free. Anyone can call them on their Magicjack number also. 

 9. What is the warranty period?  
Answer: We can replace the unit within 6 months from the date of purchase

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails